Monday, April 4, 2011

Ways to Get Ideas

In the article 14 Ways to Get Breakthrough Ideas by Mitch Ditkoff, he talks about how to get new ideas and where ideas come from. I think that his ideas are good ways to get new ideas, mostly because he talks about thinking about what you know and like and then letting your mind run with it, which is how I get most of my ideas.

2. Immerse
I think this is a great way to spark creativity. Just sitting and letting your brain wonder can really be a great way to think of new things. For various art projects I tend to use this technique to come up with what I want to do.

5. Fantasize
This is another thing that I think is a good way to come up with ideas. Thinking about things that don't exist or may not ever exist is a way to get new things into existence. Usually at the end of the day while trying to sleep I fantasize about a different life and things like that.

8. Take a Break
This might be the most important idea for being creative. Pushing your conscious to hard to come up with something isn't productive so taking a break can help recharge you so that you can have ideas. I frequently do this with almost everything that I do.



What new idea is fascinating to you?
Recently I've been into the idea of starting a YouTube channel.


What new possibility has captured your attention?
I've realized that there are so many possibilities that could come from doing this. Such as having a way to publicize my creativity and having a platform to get myself out there.


In what ways can you honor this inspiration today?
I've been beginning to put this into action by coming up with topics to make videos about.

No comments:

Post a Comment